Tuesday, June 20, 2017

June 19, 2017

Hey Gang!

I sent Dad an email last week for it, but Happy (late) Father's Day to Dad, Grandpa, Papa D and all the other Dads in my life! I'm glad you were able to spend some time with the family, especially at Alyssa's farewell. Thanks for sending me her talk, it was nice to feel a little bit apart of her leaving. It's so crazy that her and Ethan are already getting to the point where they are taking off on their missions! Well it sounds like it was another busy week for you all! I'm glad that girls camp was able to get pulled off despite the snow! And I'm sure it was fun for Dad to be down with the young men, their trip sounds like a ton of fun!! 

Well this week was so great!! Get this! After district meeting we decided to grab some lunch at Cafe Rio and as we are walking up guess who we see sitting in there?? THE COOKES!! We ran in and got to talk to them and ahh it was so great! I've missed them so much and it was fun to catch up with them and talk. They had just come from working out so they kept apologizing they weren't all done up and because of that we weren't able to get a picture with them. Sister Cooke beat me to even asking, they want us to come visit them so I'm thinking probably Monday since they live in the same neighborhood as the mission home. But it was so awesome to get to see the Cookes and reconnect after a year. 

And then guess who else I got to see this week?? Coombs!! So he was in town with his wife to visit and had sent me an email asking if we wanted to go to lunch with him. So of course we said yes! It was so awesome to get to catch up with him too and see how just like with the Cookes nothing has changed. Even though it's been a year, the relationships are still the same. Him and his wife also came to Why I Believe and it was nice to have them.  They are going to come down to my homecoming so you'll get to meet Coombs then! 

On Saturday we got to meet as a whole mission at the VC because Elder Nielsen, the executive director of the Missionary Department was in town for a Stake Conference and he wanted to meet with the mission. It was a great visit! Him and his wife gave super awesome trainings! It's been fun to interact with so many General Authorities lately.  

Also then to top off the week get this! So remember when I said we were teaching the boyfriend of a member? Well they are now getting married and he's gonna get baptized! So the wedding is July 8th and the baptism will be July 15th! Yup while we are here! So we will be coming up to MoVille for one last baptism while you guys are all here!!!:)

Like I said Why I Believe was last night, and it was so weird to realize it was my last one as a missionary since I'll be released before the next one with you guys. The time sure is going quick, it will be a good last few weeks!! Sure love you guys!!

Love,
Austin 
 Spencer (Coombs) and his wife Jori 

And of course got to see my boy Elder McDonald!

No comments:

Post a Comment