Monday, January 11, 2016

December 28, 2015

Hi Everyone! 

Ah it was so great to skype!! It was so fun to see all of you, it was amazing that it really didn't feel all that different after almost 5 mo of not seeing each other. Of course there are some changes like Calebs deeper voice and getting taller, but our relationships don't change! I was so happy to see you all and I was surprised I really was not that emotional as we ended. Of course now my date I'm looking forward to is Mother's Day! I was also pretty happy to find that it wasn't hard for me to click back over to missionary work the next day. I was worried I might be a little homesick or trunky because of the call since some missionaries struggle with that after calls home, but really it seemed easy to jump back into the swing of things!

I'm also really glad that I was able to go back down to White Plains, there are some amazing people down there. And it's great to keep working with the Chamberlains even though I'm out of the area. But like you said it's clear that there is a plan in everything. Being here for Ismael and other things has built my testimony of needing to be here at this time.  

It was great to see all the pictures and to see mine and Garret's stockings still hanging up! Sorry for the shorter email.. There really isn't much to talk about since we talked tons on Christmas! I love you all!! Have a great New Years and week off of school!

Love,
Austin 

DC Temple Lights


Just like the good old days! Back I'm White Plains with Elder Coombs



 Here's when we surprised them for Christmas!! Ahh I love that family!! Coombs 
and I will baptize them eventually. Austin and Elder Coombs went to visit a split member family
 they taught when they served together in White Plains.  They surprised them with a visit 
on Christmas Eve. Sister Chamberlain sent the following picture and this 
nice email to Austin and Elder Coombs)  


I was thinking about you and figured I should probably send you this picture. I am so glad that you were able to come by and see us. I have missed you bunches. It was a wonderful surprise and Christmas gift! I hope you guys can come back soon. I have to go but I wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you. Tell me about your Christmas and New Years when you get a chance!!

Love,
Josephine

I'm not saying we tried to fit all 3 of us on a twin bed for Christmas Eve, but I'm also not saying we didn't haha My Boys Elder McDonald and Elder Mellon!


No comments:

Post a Comment