Thursday, December 29, 2016

December 26, 2016

Hey Family!

Well it feels so weird to write just the day after talking, and there really isn't much to say. After we Skyped we went to Sister Mayes and had lunch with her. We helped her wrap lumpia which is our favorite food she makes. It's like a egg roll kinda thing, so it was pretty great. After we went to the Senior Sisters and we had a dinner with them. It was all great, so much good food. And they even had jello-pretzel salad! So it even felt a little like Christmas at home. Then we went to the Visitors Center to take the risers down from the Festival of Lights program.  The Johnsons had come to the event so we got to talk to them a little too. 

All in all it was a great Christmas, but I'm not gonna lie it's nice to be able to sing "I'll be home for Christmas" and it is now a true statement haha. But I have loved my Christmases on the mission!  It has been great experiences to step away from all the craziness of the season and just focus on the reason. There was a part of me that was really pretty sad as we drove away from the mission Christmas party and realized I will never experience that again. It's so surreal how fast this is all going by, so just gotta make the most of the last 6 months. 

I love you guys so much! It was so great to see and talk to you guys! Enjoy the rest of your break!

Love,
Austin

Elder McDonald and Elder Florence 

Group I came out with, the sisters are all going home in two weeks


 Taking the whole mission picture at the DC temple


No comments:

Post a Comment