Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May 8, 2017

Morning!

So for our DC trip last week we met up with Elder Cowan and Elder Blood (I'll attach pictures) but I'm excited for you guys to get here and to show you around DC as well! It's going to be a blast! I'm excited for Sunday!! As far as a call time we have dinner from 4-5 with a family so 5:30 my time would be perfect! I'll see you guys then:)  

So I started MyPlan this week (so to answer your question yes we use it), the church made it so you do it for you last transfer and just work your way through all the stuff, and it's got me thinking about all the smaller details of pulling together plans for home. Like work and everything, but I know most of that can't get solidified until I'm actually home. So we can talk some on Sunday and then catch up the rest when you pick me up! But it's funny you brought up MyPlan cause I was gonna mention it in my email. I got the email that started me on MyPlan this past week. It's such a cool thing the church is doing and I really like the message they are trying to send to missionaries. That your mission was great but you need to move on cause there are bigger and better things out there. Which seems crazy to be told cause it seems like your whole mission you are told that this is the most important thing to be doing and nothing else will come close. But really God is all about progression so of course there are better things in store. That's how your entire life should be, continuing to progress and continuing to Become who God made you to be. And that's the whole purpose of MyPlan, so I'm excited to keep working on it for the last few weeks I'm out here. It sure is weird reading it and it congratulating you on being in your last few weeks and how you'll soon be a returned missionary. Sure settles in the fact the end real is coming fast!

Work wise this week was a little slower one, Mackeda still is doing great! We taught her the Plan of Salvation and it went well. She's getting her work schedule changed so she can come to church. We had to bump her date to June 3rd because of her not being able to come to church. But you are right, with her Mom already a member this is like a lop over the center of home plate, it's been easy teaching her. 

Biggest event of the week was our good old Bible bash with our dear friend Danny. The Spanish Elders knocked into this guy and invited them back so they sent us the appointment and we didn't know what we were getting ourselves into. This guy was prepared to throw down. He didn't have any opinion of himself really so he just quoted all this stuff from the internet and didn't accept our answers for anything. But I thought we did a super good job in trying to teach him and defend what is actually church doctrine. It was Elder Vances first good bash so it was good for him to be a part of, and it had been a little bit since I had one that big. It's been kinda nice to serve state side where you have to learn how to explain, correct, and defend church doctrine that's not just the basic PMG lessons. So all good learning experiences!

Well I'm excited to see you guys on Sunday! Crazy that it's the last Skype call already!! I love you guys lots!!

Love,
Austin

 




No comments:

Post a Comment